CUEVIEW - Gary Spencer
StBlazeySnooker | On 06, Nov 2012
Gary Spencer of Bugle A talks to us via our new CueView feature.
STBS – What is your full name please
GS – Gary Spencer
STBS – Your Current Club/base
GS – Bugle WMC
STBS – Your Highest Break
GS – 122 Total Clearance
STBS – Are you Left/Right Handed or both
GS – I’m right handed.
STBS – Bio about yourself (in no more than 200 words)
GS – I’m a keen sportsman who likes to keep fit and play a variety of sports such as cricket, football, pool (occasionally) & of course snooker is my number one hobby in my spare time.
STBS – What was your first ever memory of snooker?
GS – Playing on a miniature table at home in the living room before going to school.
“Playing players like Ronnie O’Sullivan, Judd Trump, Jimmy White, Andy Hicks all in exhibitions and to win one of those against Andy knocking in a 40 in the process was rather memorable.”
STBS – At what age did you start playing snooker and why?
GS – I started playing at 15, simply because I wasn’t allowed to play until that age due to club rules!
STBS – What has been your greatest achievement in snooker?
GS – I’ve had some good achievements so far so to pick one out in particular is difficult, but those that spring to mind are as follows:
- Knocking in a 102 break at Bugle to win the highest break prize!
- Playing players like Ronnie O’Sullivan, Judd Trump, Jimmy White, Andy Hicks all in exhibitions and to win one of those against Andy knocking in a 40 in the process was rather memorable.
- Representing the County Youth & now Seniors on various occasions.
Winning all the Team titles & Youth with Bugle in the 2008/2009 season…detailed as follows:
- Victory League winners, Team Handicap winners, Team Pairs winners, County Team Winners, County Under 21’s runner up, League under 21’s winner
- Having the chance to compete at Gloucester Snooker Academy in a Amatuer event on the Pro Tables against some very tough opponents – a worth while experience!
- Winning the County Doubles with Andrew Best in 2011/2012 Season
STBS – Who is the most famous professional player you have played or met? (can be modern or older era)
GS – Ronnie Osullivan, Judd Trump & Jimmy White (Played) & Met Steve Davies, John Vergo, Mark Selby
STBS – Who is your favourite TV commentator?
GS – I don’t have one really.
STBS – What is your Favourite professional player and why?
GS – Ronnie O’Sullivan – his talent speaks for it’self!
STBS – What has been the most memorable snooker match you have ever seen?
GS – Higgins v Ronnie when Ronnie lost playing faultless snooker!
STBS – Who is the best player in the league?
GS – Andy Best over a period of time.
STBS -Who is the most under-rated player in the league?
GS – Don’t know
STBS – Funniest moment in your snooker experience?
GS – Henry playing from the cushion when he had the ball in hand.
STBS – Who is your bogey player?
GS – I don’t have one really.
STBS – Do you have any snooker ambitions you still have not achieved?
GS – County Singles Title & League Singles Titles
Images Courtesy of: Richard Pearson