Mevagissey Social Club (a members club)
Jetty Street, Mevagissey, St Austell, Cornwall , PL26
We are also on Facebook
Secretary Gilly Mace
Head Steward Paul Clarke
Telephone Number 01726 842441
- Membership is £5 per annum from 1st January and expires 31st December each year.
- You have to be 18 or over to become a member of the club
- A club rule states that any member has until 31st March each year to pay their membership fee.
- The club consists of 3 floors and very spacious it is.
- With Paul Clarke head steward and his team of very friendly staff will look after you and your every need (The club has a list of rules for members to abide by).
- Drinks from the cheapest in Mevagissey.
- New members most welcome (from anywhere in the world)
Big bar with comfortable seating also with pool table, darts, big screen with Sky Sports.
We also have a a large TV that also has Sky installed on it, a selection of gambling machines and packs of cards and a variety of games for anyone to play.
The room is also fully carpeted.
Reading Room (selection of daily newspapers and a small Library + Jigsaw puzzles and other games available)
A superb function room with a great bar, dance floor and stage with very comfortable seating it is carpeted throughout. The function room is used for entertainment and occasions it can also be hired out for special occasions, such as wedding receptions, birthday parties, meetings, wakes or any sort of occasion (catering available by the club). Please note any paid up member of the club can hire the function room for free – when in the club please ask for details.
2 well appointed match snooker rooms with superb playing conditions.
These rooms steeped in the history of amateur snooker from by gone years (local league, cornish champions, english & british isles champions and in 1970 Jonathan Barron won the World Individual Snooker championships whilst a member of our club.
What the club has to offer
- Pool League Night
- League Snooker night – Cue off 7:30pm (2 matches at home each week from Mid September to end of March)
- Ladies Winter Darts Laague
- Snooker school night form Mid November to Just before easter (7pm to 9pm), Tutot Leighton Varcoe, a very well known player from by gone years. (Ex County champion, Cornwall player & England International 1969 – any member will be made most welcome.
- Poker School in bottom bar – Starts at 8pm
- Big meat raffle – Draw late on Friday night
- Entertainment when advertised in advance always Sky Sports for viewing throughout the day
- Sky Sports big screen for viewing throughout the day
- In the afternoon we have a big meat raffle – Draw at 3:30pm and then followed at 4pm with unlock the box to win the cash – players (members) must be present at the draw if not another number will be drawn
- Everyday fresh made filled rolls by Helna, a great selection of generously filled rolls available from the downstairs bar. See menu board at the bar for what is available